6.13.2005

SARS tomato


I heard this story on NPR on my way home - tomatoes grown with SARS vaccine built in. I had previously heard about bananas made into vaccine vehicles.

People who know me know I don't like food fucked with. Most especially tomatoes. Can't emphasize how much I don't want my tomatoes messed with. (Sorry, some tomato angst going on here - haven't eaten one not out of a can since late October last year because I just don't buy them at the store. And with the weather so hot, all I can think about is tomatoes. My desert island food.)

But people who know me know I also don't do needles. At all. Not like I need vaccines or anything, but people keep bugging me about my ten years over-due tetanus situation.

For now, the no messing with tomatoes principal wins out over the no needles principal.

When I come down with lockjaw and can't eat tomatoes, we'll talk.

1 comment:

cindym said...

yeah, i'm sorry, but that's just gross. leave the poor tomatoes alone! they're fragile and fleeting enough as it is.