One fried food door closes, another opens . . .

The sad: I returned to Newmarket to see what became of my beloved Wheelies onion rings when Mama Lena's took over that spot. Alas, the cornmeal encrusted, tender, sweet, hand-made beauties are gone. As is the roast beef. I cannot attest to Mama Lena's, I was only after those onion rings.

The glad: The Coat of Arms now offers all you can eat wings for $5 on Friday nights from 4-7pm. They are not at all spicy. They are, however, very crispy, which is just as, if not more, important. IE, I can eat crispy weak-flavored wings, I cannot eat flabby wings, unless they are incredibly spot on in flavor and spice (and in which case I would probably just lick them, not actually eat them.) They also offer barbecue flavor, sticky sweet and totally good.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Yes, the loss of Wheelies is mourned by all of us Newmarketians. Mama Lena's blows.

-The Mad Farmer
Anonymous said…
$5 is a great price for all you can eat wings.
Anonymous said…
Mama's has a new owner this month! Go try them, guarenteed you'll love them!!!!!!!

Popular Posts